Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goodbye Friend...

Well, it's a sad day in Scales, Room 108. The Wii is officially gone...

Jaclyn was the owner of the Wii and in order to provide for her brand new pitbull/boxer mix puppy, Bailey, she made the difficult decision to sell her Wii, her games, and all the accessories along with it.

We should have had a going away party; one last group Mario Party party to say goodbye to our dear friend, but we didn't. That Wii has supplied Room 108 with so many hours of entertainment and laughter over the past two years, it just feels wrong that we weren't able to give it a proper goodbye.

It seems empty in the room. The sounds of dying cats and shrieking birds have disappeared with the loss of the Wii. There is no more Glee Karaoke or Disney Sing-it to be heard through the hallways.

I've lost the power to soar through the universe since I can no longer play Mario Galaxy, and we can no longer have the power to throw our gaming partners off of cliffs since the New Super Mario game was sold as well.

I suppose we'll get over it in time, but it will be tough to fill the void that the loss of our Wii has left deep inside. I love my GameCube and my Super Nintendo, but it's just not the same, not nearly as interactive and fun for the whole group as the Wii was.

You will be missed, Wii, I can promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment